Thursday 10 March 2011

Lisbon. Pause.

So, after Lisbon I have failed to muster up any inspiration to write. Probably because my weekend visiting the besties was so great: filled with late nights in the Bairro Alto district and morning mojitos. I was wrecked when I got back. Now I'm sufficiently recovered and can put together a sentence or two again :)

Adamastor: hippie hang out with a view
Morning mojitos by the jug
Buying Ginja-liqueur at a traditional Ginja kiosk

I flew to Lisbon with KLM via Amsterdam, because the airlines who fly directly (AirBerlin and EasyJet) only do so on a few days per week and would have cost me about €240, where as KLM could take me there for €170. Transfers are of course an extra-hassle, but just in case I only packed hand-luggage and in the end there was no stress at all; on the way to Lisbon the transfer was 1h 45 minutes and on the way home only 45 min. KLM also serves sandwiches, snacks and free drinks, which is nice!

This must have been my fourth time in Lisbon, so there was no need to visit museums or see sights. We could concentrate on the essentials. I love eating at the local tascas (traditional Portuguese restaurants) like Restaurante Estrela, where food is simple, affordable and the salads are served with plenty of olive oil, vinegar and salt. Yum! Also before dinner one of my favourite things to do is to have a glass of Ginja from one of the tiny little shops that sell it by the glass or by the bottle, while deciding on our plans for the night. Every night ended up in Bairro Alto, the party quarters.

I regret that I didn't take a single photo of A's little bunny rabbit! I got addicted to petting her, and got a serious case of should-we-get-a-bunny-fever while staying at her's. It passed pretty quickly once I got home, hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...