Tuesday 3 November 2009

When the wall came down

Everybody keeps talking about the 20th anniversary of the wall coming down – and I don't have any particular plans. What to do? I am invited to a birthday brunch on Saturday, and the hostess promised we could then also commemorate the wall falling :) I still do feel like I should be Participating more. I belong to a group on Facebook that aims to make a wall of people hand-in-hand, recreating the wall. Someone else will try to recreate the wall using Domino blocks. Apparently there will also be a gig with 200 guitar players at once at the East Side Gallery. I have been trying to research this, but am no more decided on what to do when I started... Here's some links, anyway:

Free stuff to do in Berlin next weekend
Official website of the Mauerfall
Semi official website
Concert at Brandenburger Tor

2 comments:

  1. i kno exactly how u feel. it's like u need to get the best outta this! the history of berlin is by far the most intresting ever, and i feel like i can't keep missing anything of it. i'm in finland now, but def comin back til the party!!

    i guess on monday i'll go see the dominoes, and spend the rest of the time making a collage of all my pics from the last 10 years i've been visiting berlin. it's been amazing how things've changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still dunno what I will do... Maybe I will join the wall of ppl holding hands or something. Or just stay home and watch it on telly :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...