Thursday 6 May 2010

Intensive German

This past weekend I learnt funny new words in German:
pullern = to pee
rumeiern / herumeiern = to wobble, to not walk straight, to ramble, literally: to move forward unevenly as an egg would roll
schnurrstrax = immidiately

Last night I was at M's hen party. It was one of the nicest hen parties I've attended. I'm a bit against the whole tradition, particularly when it involves drunk girls, wearing pink outfits, roaming the streets and singing Oasis songs out of tune. Luckily M's a classy girl, so this Wednesday night get-together was merely an excuse to eat olives and drink champagne with strawberries. I brought blue cheese cookies that got a lot of compliments, so they are definitively going in my permanent recipe collection.

My tandem partner S was also invited, we haven't met in forever, so I was happy to see her. Today we had a tandem-date, so now we're properly caught up again. S promised to have a few tandem-dates with my mom, who comes to Berlin for an intensive German course for the entire month of July. It's a good deal, since my mom teaches Finnish to foreigners and can answer all grammar questions S might have – and it gets her out of my hair for a few hours at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...