Friday 28 January 2011

...finally, the time for Vietnamese coffee


It was really bad at work the last few weeks. Really bad. I didn't have time to reply to my best friends email until 12 days after she sent it to me – that's how busy and tired I was. Now the deadline has been reached and I get to exhale.

The weather is getting colder again, and there was even a thin layer of powdery, white snow on the ground today when I left the house. Still, when I left the office after a long meeting followed by a nice lunch, I felt carefree and happy. I rang A, who also just finished his work day, and I talked him into going out for lunch so that I could go for coffee – he doesn't drink coffee and therefore does not see the point in hanging out in cafés, so I make up excuses.

We met outside Chi Ly on Niederbarnimstraße because I wanted to lure A into a Vietnamese restaurant. I have read about special Vietnamese coffee a while back in the Friedrichshain blog, and wanted to finally try it. It wasn't really that amazing: filtered coffee with sweet condensed milk – it was to sweet for my liking and grains of coffee floated around in it. But I've tried. And I did something else besides work and sit in front of the computer today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...