Thursday 21 July 2011

Great Indian restaurant

or "How I missed the Berlin restaurant bills"

A's been working since we got back to Berlin on Monday. I've had a cough that just won't stop. We've kept a low profile, stayed at home, ate our Finnish chocolates and salmiakkis.

When S and L wanted to know if we'd have a quick dinner or drink with them last night, they didn't need to ask twice. It was about time to see other people again. We met at Seth, and Indian/Pakistani restaurant I just read about on Spotted by Locals. I'm not a huge fan of Indian restaurants – usually the food is not flavourful enough, only creamy and heavy. I ordered Alu Bengen (€3.90); aubergines and potatoes in a curry sauce, and A ordered Champignon Masala (€4.99) – both excellent. All four of us were very happy with our dishes, and it was the best Indian experience I've had in a long time! The only criticism I have was that my mango lassi wasn't much to brag about, and in typical Berlin fashion I had to ask for my tap water twice. Our waiter was super nice, the restaurant clean and cosy and the food delicious and price-worthy: our whole meal for two came to €15! I think you'll see us at Seth's quite often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...