Monday 1 August 2011

Social starvation. Coughing.

August. Still coughing. It still hurts.

I was supposed to go to work today, but felt really sore. When I called the office and found out that my bosses aren't going to be in the office before Wednesday, I decided to stay home until then, too. Most days I haven't even left the house, and when I have, it's been to go to the pharmacy or the supermarket – and once to go shopping: I got new leggings and a dress at Prachtmädchen and a pair of on sale jeans at Zartbitter. My social interactions have been pathetically few: 
1. We had dinner with S and L at Seth. Excellent, cheap Indian food.
2. I had tapas with the girls, L and A at Tafelgold. Good girl talk, even though I was too tired to participate as much as I normally would – mediocre tapas: too greasy for my taste.
3. My cousin J and his "new" girlfriend were in Berlin and we met up for dinner and a tour-de-Friedrichshain's-bars.

I'm lucky that this has weather-wise been one crappy July – maybe I would have stayed in and watched the rain, sick or healthy? Who knows.

On top of it all we got some really bad news on Saturday morning. A's brother-in-law got into an accident where he hit his head. A's sister found him unconscious a few minutes later and R was rushed to hospital, where he during the next 24-hours had brain surgery twice and was put into a coma. We still don't know what's going to happen, except that R is now stable and out of the coma, just sleeping now.

Heavily self-medicating with Fisherman's Friend and ibuprofen.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, just found your blog as I was trying to find out about the little train at Spreepark. Anyway, bit random but I am going to be in Berlin for a few days from tomorrow and wondered if you'd like to have a beer in Friedrichshain. I'd like to meet people for simple times. I'm a normal solo girl traveller and vegetarian and a little shy. I have lots to do but thought it might be nice, if you're feeling better! I can't pick up email everyday and forgive me if anything goes funny on my phone and I can't pick it up but anyway, thelegendarydollydisco@gmail.com either way, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...