Saturday 1 August 2009

Food saves the day

I woke up late again, but with a head ache and feeling of unease. I had replied to an advert looking for a graphic designer and got a reply yesterday. The project would be a 144 page magazine, a complete re-design. I also had to think about how much I would charge and how long a job like that would take me. So I was stressed. It's actually a bit too much, but I feel like I can't turn down opportunities, so I replied. I think the fact that the work is in Ireland and I am in Berlin will be a problem, even if they are looking for someone to work freelance. I sent them work samples, a CV and answers to their questionnaire today, so we'll see what they say next week. If I completely over or under priced myself. I said it would take up to six weeks, which might be too much, too. We'll see...

My dear A made me pancakes with strawberry jam for breakfast, which was so thoughtful and yummy it made me feel better. Then we hopped on our bikes and rolled down to Alexanderplatz for a coffee and to see if we would find a shop that sells FCUK deodorant for him. We didn't, but got some fresh air and a lot of excercise instead. Now we are re-heating the last of the organic beetroot and goat's cheese soup we made yesterday, and I am hungry and super excited – it is delicious! It has the most beautiful, crazy pink colour, and is easy to make, too. Here's how:



Beetroot and goat's cheese soup
A big onion
3 garlic cloves
500g beetroots (one big one)
Equal amount of potato
400ml soaked and boiled soy beans
About 125 g soft goat's cheese (blue cheese works really well too!)
Pepper
Salt (if your cheese isn't salty enough)

Fry onion and garlic until soft, add 1 litre of water (stock cube or salt optional), bring to the boil and add you chopped beetroot. Boil for about 25 minutes. Peel and chop your potatoes while waiting. Add them and boil for another 15-20 minutes, until both are soft. Add beans, spices and the cheese, let it boil and the flavours settle. Serve hot – YUM!

From the Finnish blog Vegemisiä

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...