Wednesday 26 August 2009

The season for eating

Chanterelle pasta in the cute town of Potsdam

It's great be in a country where we can get most of the foods we are used to and miss. In autumn there are so many yummy, fresh things to eat and we have been drooling at every market. Last week we cooked chanterelles in a creamy sauce – heaven. They are a pain to clean, though, it took us an hour or more. We have also been buying blueberries, and used them for a soup to go with our morning porridge. As I write I am munching on a German seasonal treat: plums. I get very jealous reading all my friends' statusupdates on Facebook, they are all in the forrest picking blueberries, lingonberries and mushrooms. At least we get some here too, unlike Ireland! Also corn seems to be in season, it's fresh everywhere. I'm trying to note our best food ideas in a blog called What Can Me Have?, but I haven't been very good lately, because I have tried to apply for jobs and design a portfolio. Oh, and we enrolled to an intensive German class that starts in two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...