Saturday 22 August 2009

Swimming around town

It's been a while. A while ago I was stressed over a freelance-job that I was applying for. I never heard back, and figured I asked for too much money. I got a reply two days ago, and myself and a few other candidates were asked to review our prices and to do a masthead, i.e. the logo, for the magazine to help them decide who to pick. So I'm actually working this weekend, and it feels alright. Except for the unbelievably uncomfortable sofa and coffee table situation I'm working at. But finger's crossed! 'A' has been to two job interviews in the past week, so maybe we will get some spending money soon :)

The weather has still been really warm. Last Monday and again on Thursday it was over +30°C so we have explored some new places to go swim. On Monday we cycled to lake Weißensee, in Pankow, it took us about 20 minutes. We were silly and paid 4 euro to go to the sanded beach and café, but we could have swam for free somewhere else around the lake instead. On Thursday we had a failed attempt at meeting our friends at Schlachtensee, near Wannsee, south of Berlin city. It took us about an hour to get there, and it was very hot on the trains, the beach was crowded and we never found our friends. Still, the lake was pretty and had loads of tiny little beaches you could choose from. The water was warm and we were happy. Until we had to get on the crowded train and go home again. Next week we are hoping to get to try Plötzensee, as it is only a cycle ride away from home – no trains, please!

I got an email from my best friend today, she and her boyfriend booked flights to come see us in September. I am so excited! I am already planning what all we can do, where we can shop, eat and drink... And next weekend our old flat-mates will stay with us while they apartment-hunt here in Berlin. Yay, we'll have more friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...