Wednesday 8 September 2010

Guiding a shopping brigade

I got some unsolicited retail therapy yesterday. My friend came to Berlin for a short work trip and wanted to meet up with me. She ended up bringing five colleagues with her: picky fashion lovers, all thirsty for shopping – which I know very little about. I suggested we meet at the Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz U-bahn stop and then head towards Münzstraße, Alte Schönhauser Straße and Rosenthaler Straße. They found a lot of interesting shops there that I somehow have never even noticed. The best find was probably this, a vintage shop on Neue Schönhauser Straße called Made in Berlin:



There are two rooms for shoes in the back and a cool selection of vintage accessories, like hats and bags. I've read about it's sister shops, Garage in Schöneberg and Colours in Kreuzberg, where you can shop second hand stuff for €14,99/kilogram. They're meant to be good, too.

I'm feeling a bit shitty today, because my boss told me off for asking about the raise that I thought I was getting this month. Not until next month (of course, apparently). Maybe the shopping brigade will call me for nightlife tips and I can drink it off :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...