Friday 12 June 2009

A bad aftertaste

I got invited to go along to the Taste of Dublin event in the Iveagh Gardens at lunch today. I've wanted to go before, too, but I've suspected it's not worth my money. I was right. The cheapest ticket is 25€, then you exchange your euros to festival currency, florins; you can only purchase food and products using florins. A handful of stalls were offering samples, everything else costs you florins. I can't believe rip-off-Ireland is still alive and so well! The only highlights for me were Glenilen Farm dairy products: gorgeous yoghurts, cheesecakes and butter - yum! I'm also going for the 'girlfriend of the week' -award and bought my other half a bottle of Cave Creek Chili Beer. A small jalapeno floats in the bottle and the beer tasted like Corona and tacos – I figured it would be a hit at home.
My suggestion: avoid the Taste festival and go eat a fancy meal somewhere instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...