Thursday 18 June 2009

Packing, yuk

The other day I came to the strange realisation that for the past four or five years we have been moving house roughly once a year. What's wrong with us? Moving is not fun! Now we are moving again and the big, gaping cardboard boxes are staring at me in the living room. This weekend will be dedicated to packing. Yuk. I will have to go through all the strange piles of "important" papers, the clothes I pretend I will still wear "soon" and the books that I thought I "have to" read and can't give away.

This weekend is luckily the much awaited Street Performance World Championships in Dublin, so we will have a pretext for leaving the house. It is Midsummer this weekend and on Facebook everyone is updating how they will spend it at their summerhouses, the archipelago, at festivals or camping. It makes me a little homesick, the thought of the nightless nights and all our friends out in the warm summer's night. Well, who ever said they don't celebrate Midsummer in Ireland? In Temple Bar they apparently do! Maybe we'll check this out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...