Tuesday 14 July 2009

Byrocracy, check - Swimming pool, check


We met with lovely Stefanie who helps lazy or bureaucratically challenged people with registering, setting up bank accounts, insurance and all that. She had made an appointment at the registry office, and we now officially live in Berlin. Then she walked us to the bank and sat through opening a bank account for us - and a separate account for our "kaution", the rent deposit. This means that our rent deposit is on neutral ground if there ever should be an issue between us and our landlord. I want to say I'm sure there won't, but the way things are with our previous landlord in Dublin, I'm losing faith in human kind...

After we did all those grown up things, we walked just a little further on Schlesiche strasse and turned into what looked like block of warehouses. We kept walking and found what we were looking for: the Badeschiff! I went for a swim for the first time in I don't know how long, and it was sooooo nice! As a souvenir I now have a sunburn, stupid me. But it was a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...