Saturday 5 September 2009

So I have a sweet-tooth...

I was the happiest of girls when we moved to Berlin and realised we can get most things here that we missed in Ireland, like rhye bread and salty licorice – aka salmiakki. Different types of "Finnish Bröt" can be found in most shops; Netto, Lidl, Kaiser... And it tastes just like at home. Our most regular sweets-supplier is a shop called Bärenland on Schönhauser Allee. They sell Swedish, Finnish and Danish sweets, and recently started selling gelatin free fruit gums too!

6 comments:

  1. i need to check out that one, i also keep writing about my cravings for salmiakki in my blog... check it out :)

    http://avaramaiju.blogspot.com/

    so what brought you to berlin? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good shop, they sell Liitulaku (Skolekridt), which I could eat an endless amount of!

    I am here for no good reason at all, we just wanted to leave Ireland and not go back home yet, so here we are, unemployed and very happy :P And you, how did u end up here?

    hahaa, Finns writing in English to each other :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. haa, sounds oh so familiar :) broke but happy in berlin. i originally came here 'cos my sis lives here, then fell in love, studied a bit etc... good times :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How long have u been here now? I read your blog too, tried to comment on your Lidl-nordic-purcases – we were there too, it was sooooo good :) The 'varrasleipä' is almost gone, now... But luckily we have found 'hapankorppuja', so we're all good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot for the tips - I will investigate this. Hopefully the store is still there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's still there! Be sure to visit Herr Nilsson in F'hain, too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...