Thursday 1 April 2010

Existential crisis in asparagus season

Spring food! Asparagus season! Yay!

I'm experiencing a mild existentialist crisis about my blog. I regret not writing about our life in Dublin and so I wanted to make sure to make notes here in Berlin - but is it useful, really? Who am I writing for? Why? It's not much of a journal really, and I don't write anything that isn't already written somewhere else... But in March, this website was uploaded over 600 times. That's somebody's interest. Anyway, I'll continue the crisis on the down low and just wait and see.

Today is the beginning of Easter, and then next week work will pick up the pace again, so I better enjoy myself! We've stocked up on good food and Kinder eggs, if nothing else :)

Simple roasted asparagus
Green asparagus
Olive oil, good quality
Sea salt
Organic lemon
Handful of freshly grated parmesan

Preheat your oven to 200°C. Rinse the asparagus and chop off the woody, pinkish bit of the stalk, about 1-2 cm. Line them up in a neat row, in one layer, in an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle the asparagus lightly with olive oil and sea salt before roasting them for about 13-15 minutes. The tips will get colour, but watch out so they don’t burn. Plate the asparagus and sprinkle generously with lemon juice and grated parmesan.

2 comments:

  1. blogiasi hetken seuranneena piti nyt tulla kommentoimaan, koska toivoisin sinun jatkavan kirjoittelemista. olen hiljattain muuttanut berliiniin, ja kahvila- ja ravintolasuositusten perusteella asun samoilla seuduilla. on siis kiva lukea muiden kokemuksia ja saada vinkkejä kaupunkiin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiitos lohdutuksesta :) Kyllä minä varmaan toistaiseksi jatkan, kriisi on vähän helpottanut. Se seurasi töissä kuulemaani keskustelua siitä, kuinka kaikki ulkomaalaiset Berliinissä pitää blogeja ja kirjoittelee tyyliin "today I found a great café"... Osui aika naulan kantaan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...