Saturday 24 April 2010

I found out I like Chinese food

I have never been a huge fan of the greasy, gooey, slimy and mushy things served in our European Chinese food restaurants, but a few weeks ago, I changed my mind. We googled for a suitable, cheap restaurant to meet M&M and their little J in. We ended up going to Wok Show on Greifenhagener straße, in the northern outskirts of Prenzlauer Berg.

Wok Show is famous for it's delicious Chinese dumplings, jiaozis, that make an affordable meal at 20 pieces for €5,50 or 40 for €10 (+€1 if you want them fried). They also serve really interesting cold starters, so far my favourite is a cucumber and garlic salad – us vegetarians are quite well catered for. We were there again last night with friends and I had every intention of trying one of the other portions on the menu, but we ended up sharing the dumplings – again. I'm addicted! Also: what a nice change to not see a single "hipster" or exchange student in the restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...