Sunday 18 April 2010

Sun again

The weather is hopefully, finally getting warmer – I have been freezing in the gloomy +12 for weeks now! Today was particularly sunny and we spent the day having lunch on our friends' balcony and then visiting their son's favourite place, the awesome Kinderbauernhof Pinke-Panke in Pankow. The petting zoo is quite big and has donkeys, chicken, pigs, rabbits... On such a sunny day there were naturally too many kids around, but I guess it's their prerogative. We had made scones and ate them picnic-style on the grassy bank of the Panke river. Perfect!

M served us home made spinach knödels for lunch, on their balcony.

We have decided to move house at the by the end of June, so now we need to try to save our last pennies to make sure we can afford the Kaution (rent deposit), and at least the first months rent. Neither one of us has still gotten a proper months wages, so we have absolutely no idea how much money we will have after taxes and health insurance fees. I'm super happy that my employers decided that they will put me on the payroll, and now I don't have to worry about the taxes and bureaucracy myself! I only needed to get a Lohnsteuerkarte (tax card) and next week I will visit my chosen Krankenkasse (health insurance provider) to sign up – that's it.

Next week is hell week in work again... And then my boss is going on holidays for a week, so maybe I won't even need to read my emails! Let's just hope this crazy volcanic ash situation allows her to go :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...