Friday 5 February 2010

Eating and... eeh... eating.



If I don't watch out this will turn in to a food blog :) I just really have to write down the name and details for our newest Sunday brunch hang out. Last Sunday the sun was shining and the snow and ice melting, and we met with our Finnish friends for brunch at Schwarze Pumpe on Choriner Straße. We have walked past it before and the name staid with me, but not until I found this great blog on Berlin cafés did it occur to me to go in. The brunch buffet is fresh and plentiful and only sets you back €4,50 – and it's really popular, so a booking is strongly advised. We got there at 11 and had a perfect timing: later it got busy and the kitchen started to struggle to keep up with the demand.

Other than that we haven't been eating much. Well, I got take away sushi from Papa Nô the other night. Their sushi was surprisingly tasty and reasonably priced – even if I still prefer to not patron restaurant chains. I might have to give them some more of my business, because they have a free delivery service as long as you order for over €10... Then we ate more sushi on Wednesday: D wanted to thank us for letting him stay with us by treating us to sushi and a tour of his new apartment in Kreuzberg. He took us to Akitatsu on Bergmannstraße, where they seem to have a never ending happy hour and half priced sushi – very affordable, very tasty, miso soup and all.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...