Monday 1 March 2010

No sugar, please

I decided to try not to eat sugar this week, to ease my addiction a little. I'm off to a rocky start, though; I stopped by the office, where I saw cookies and accidentally ate one. We had a meeting across the street in a café and I ordered a chai latte (it came with one of those tiny amaretto cookies, that taste like nothing but amaretto and sugar). I got home and found some of my Swedish marzipan pastries next to my computer and had one for dessert. Maybe I'll do better tomorrow.

The weekend was long and humid, filled with junk food. We celebrated my job and drank so many cheap cocktails on Friday, that we didn't even want to change bars, but stayed in BR101 until 4 o'clock... It was a great night, almost all of our friends made it and even a new Italian one. On Sunday we were invited to a free screening of the star filled musical Nine (trailer here) – very confusing to see dubbed films in the cinema! I think we were lucky though, I think the thick, fake Italian accents would have driven us crazy in English! After the film we cured our hangovers at the famous Kreuzburger, that surprisingly also does an impressive array of veggie burgers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...